Vine Cooking Experiment - READ FIRST


-->
Welcome to Social Studios’ Vine cooking experiment. Before you start on what I can assume will be a crazy, laughter filled journey there are a few things I feel I should say.

Firstly, let me introduce myself, I am Kate Doyle,
 

















I am a Roller Derby Official (Photo courtesy of Roaringstorm Photography)


















film maker











 
And first and foremost; managing director of a little a little studio I like to call social.











This business focuses on using video to help build branding and overall web presence for small companies, bloggers and individuals.
So why am I doing this, and what on earth is it? A couple of weeks ago (specifically the 29th of January) Twitter launched a new application called Vine. I like to say that Vine is to Youtube what Twitter is to Facebook. While it may not ruin Youtube all together, it will certainly change the way people blog and share their life experiences with friends or strangers. Now I am not a Twitter user, and I only just got into Instagram, however I’ve decided to go against my late adopting nature and jump in head first into learning the ins and outs, positives and negatives and basically how to use Vine, so that I can deliver to my clients the most current marketing strategies and fads.

I have gone overboard however, and decided not only to post on Vine and Twitter, but to also share these posts on my personal Facebook page and photograph using my personal Instagram account. THEN take all this and edit together a Youtube video (not sure it’s possible, hence the word ‘experiment’) and write a full blog post which follows each step.

I will also preface that even though I am doing this for my work, I am not going to be 100% professional, meaning I will be myself, tell jokes in my own humour and be the crazy irrelevant self that my friends know me for.

And before I sign off and give all the links and call to actions and all that technical stuff, I first need to point out that even though I have said it is vegan butter chicken, due to my local shopping center (bloody Metro) not stocking butter chicken seasoning ANYWHERE (something that I used to sell in my past life as a deli manager, so I know it exists), I will be using an alternative seasoning mix, but it will still be the same…. I promise….

So links!
 
@SocialStudiosAu #SSocialExperiment  #VineCookingSS
 
#SSocialExperiment #VineCookingSS
 

 

 
 




How you can get involved: This is a live streamed event, however due to the amazing permanent nature of the internet, you will still be able to follow in your own time. During the ‘broadcast’ I will be following all the feeds and answering any questions, giving tips and generally interacting with you at home. So get posting, commenting and @tagging and all those other things and get involved.

0 comments: